The BJP on Wednesday said it was holding “discussions” with two of its legislators in Goa as the party wants a vacant seat for the chief minister Manohar Parrikar who needs to get elected to the state Legislative Assembly.
“Discussions are going on with Curchorem MLA Nilesh Cabral and also (Panaji MLA) Siddharth Kuncolienkar (to see if either of them is ready to resign). Parrikar has shown interest in contesting from Panaji which is his traditional bastion,” Goa BJP chief Vinay Tendulkar told PTI on Wednesday .
Parrikar returned to the coastal state as the CM though he hadn’t contested Assembly elections in February.
He was elected from Panaji constituency in 2012, but resigned after he was made the Union Defence Minister. Kuncolienkar replaced him in subsequent by-poll, and retained the seat in this year’s elections, defeating United Goans’ Atanasio Monserratte with a thin margin of 1,500 votes.
- Goa Govt washes down Rs 6.20 crore down the drain: 4 BJP legislators tour 20 countries in 2 years costing the state Rs.6.20 crore
- CM Manohar Parrikar holds meeting with Goa liquor trade representatives, about 1100 out of 3200 outlets can be ‘saved’
- Manohar Parrikar very busy with Casinos, Goa BJP website still shows old MLA list, Parsekar as CM, Parrikar as DM
- Goa News: Alcohol part of Goan culture, must for international tourism, will fight for bar owners: Congress
- Casino lobby “donated” Rs 15 crore to Goa Govt for 6-month extension, boasts casino owner
- Ex-Goa Congress MLA Vishwajit Rane, son of former Goa CM Pratapsinh Rane to join BJP tomorrow
- Has Churchill Alemao lost his political mojo?
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar tries to pacify angry Goans, says Goa govt to approach SC for ‘clarification’ over highway liquor ban
- Goa’s Tourism Economy could be very hard hit this season, as Russian Tourist arrivals to fall in 2017 thanks to Syria
- Goa’s Tourism Economy could be very hard hit this season, as European, Russian Tourist arrivals to fall in 2017